5 Must Do’s at a Bananas Game
Make the most out of your time in Banana Land with these five must dos at a Bananas game!
- Take a picture in front of the Bananas backdrop with the statue.
- A simple thing, but a great way to remember your night spent in Banana Land. Throw up a peace sign, put on a smile, and strike your best model pose next to a wooden, hand-carved statue of a banana. Post and tag on social media to be featured on the Bananas page!
Photo from @hallmiddleton via Instagram.
- Do the“Hey Baby”Dance
- A Grayson Stadium tradition. There isn’t just one 7th inning stretch at a Bananas game. Expect to get out of your seat and get dancing every other inning (at least). You’ll know the “Hey Baby” dance is coming when players take to the top of the dugouts and all the staff freeze what they’re doing to collectively join in on the 90 second dance. It’s easy to catch on to, but if you want to be extra prepared for your next Bananas game, learn the dance by clicking here.
- Drink a Slippery Banana(for the 21+ Bananas fans)
- What’s a Bananas game without drinking something Banana flavored? Known for its delicious banana flavor and the ability to make people let loose a little more than usual, the Slippery Banana is a crowd favorite. The recipe is top-secret and kept in the Bananas vault year-round. (Not 21? Try a Banana Cream Soda or a Banana slushie instead.)
- Stay for the Plaza Party
- Whether the Bananas win or lose, you can count on a poppin’ post game party in the plaza. Imagine this…you’re walking out of the stadium on to the plaza and you’re greeted by the beautiful tunes of the Bananas Pep Band and DJ. You see a sea of yellow. All the players and coaches are signing autographs and taking pictures with fans. Next thing you know, you’re doing the Cha Cha Slide with a bunch of strangers. It’s the perfect way to end the night.
1.Visit Top Deck/Bar
- Watch the game from one of the best views in the ballpark. The Top Deck is an open seating area with high top tables and a full bar. It’s the best spot for you and a group of friends to head up to if you like to move around and socialize while also catching the craziness of a Bananas game! You may even have the Bananas pep band or Split the mascot serenade you up there.