Once a year, we gear up for our St. Patrick’s Day in July game. We figured it was time to step it up because let’s face it…once a year just isn’t enough. So, we are having a St. Patrick’s Day Game in March this year and it’s going to be absolutely Bananas. If you’ve never been, you might not have a clue what you’re walking in to. Don’t worry, we got you covered. Here’s a list of some things you can expect at a St. Patrick’s Day Bananas Game:
- Players in Kilts.
- That’s right. Players in kilts. No, they don’t just wear them for the pregame, they actually play in them. The yellow kilts debuted in 2018 and have made their comeback each summer since for the St. Patrick’s Day in July game. The Bananas currently remain undefeated in kilts.
2. The Bananas Premier Team Debut
- The brand–new Bananas Premier Team will make their debut at this game. The Premier Team roster is filled with independent players who have been scouted, tried out and signed contracts for the spring series. They’ll take on their infamous rivals, the Party Animals, who debuted during the 2020 season.
3. The Bud Light Best Dressed Contest
- Wear your best St. Patrick’s Day gear. The crazier, the better. We want to see what you got. The winner will receive prizes presented by So Eagle GA.
4. Irish Dancing
- What’s St. Patrick’s Day without some Irish dancing? The Legacy Irish Dancers and the Irish Dancers of Savannah will both be putting on pregame performances you won’t want to miss!
5. Banana Ball
- Banana ball is back. It is a fast-paced, action-packed style of baseball with rules that include no bunting, no walks, a two-hour time limit, fans catching foul balls for outs, batters stealing first base, and a one-on-one tiebreaker showdown at the end of the game.